The Honda BF40 outboard engine retains its class-leading lightweight, compact packaging, enhanced with PGM-FI electronic fuel injection. It features the innovative BLAST™ (Boosted low speed torque) for rapid acceleration, ECOmo Lean Burn Control® for exceptional fuel economy at cruise and NMEA 2000® which shows all engine and fuel data on a GPS screen.
Lightest in class, most fuel efficient in class, best acceleration, the list goes on. Tick all the boxes with the Honda BF40.
A reduction gear is employed to achieve compact engine layout by offsetting the in-line three-cylinder engine forward, while a long-branch plastic inlet manifold and miniaturized electronic components further contribute to the class-topping lightweight, compact design. Like Honda’s larger outboard engines, the BF40 features a striking ‘wing form’ design, emphasizing the design concept of slimness and strength.
- Model BF40DK4LRTD 20″ (Tiller available as an option)
- Type 3-cylinder 4-stroke 6 valves
- Displacement 808cc
- Bore & Stroke 89 x 96
- Full Throttle RPM Range 4500 – 5500 RPM
- HP Rating @ Propshaft 40HP @ 5500 RPM
- Valves per Cylinder Two
- Fuel Delivery Programmed fuel injection
- Ignition System Solid State
- Starting System Electric
- Cooling System Water Cooled
- Alternator 22-Amp
- Recommended Transom Height 20”
- Dry Weight 100kg
- Gear Ratio 2.08:1
- Gear Shift F-N-R
- Propeller Alloy included
MULTI-FUNCTION TILLER HANDLE
Available as an option, the multi-function tiller handle for the BF40 incorporates a power trim-tilt switch in the throttle grip, so the operator can trim the engine while underway with a clear focus on the water.
An integrated engine alert panel provides both visual and audible alerts including oil pressure, overheating, engine management and battery charging to ensure peace of mind.
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won’t find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.
- 17amp battery charging capacity – at the top of its class for outboard engines with the same output.
- BF40 can be used with a wide range of boat types due to its lightweight, compact design.
- A new one-touch plastic cap permits easy inspection of anode wear inside the engine, for significantly improved ease of maintenance.
- Noise levels have been reduced by 1.0dB over the previous model.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- NMEA2000® compliant.
Call us now to enquire about this product:07-577 6554