QUALITY TIME ON THE WATER
The Honda BF60 features the new generation ‘Wedge Shape’ design. This engine is the lightest, best performing and quietest in its class. Weighing just 110kg, the completely new designed water cooled 998cc 3-cylinder SOHC 12 valve engine incorporates electronic fuel injection and Honda’s revolutionary Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST™) for rapid acceleration. During a test in Australia, on two different boat designs, acceleration to 20 knots was 10% quicker than 60 horsepower outboards from our two major competitors on the same boat. It features ECOmo Lean Burn Control® for exceptional fuel economy at cruise. Fuel consumption tests showed less than 7 litres per hour used at cruising revs – again up to 25% less fuel than competitors. As well as all this, it’s fitted with NMEA 2000® which allows you to view all your engine and fuel data on a GPS screen.
A Power Thrust model (BFP60) is also available – its large gear case allows the use of a larger diameter and larger blade area propeller, which is particularly useful in big boat/heavy load applications.
BOOSTED LOW SPEED TORQUE
Hole shot and acceleration is improved by MBT trace control (ignition timing). MBT – Minimum advance for Best Torque.
- Model BF60AK1LRTD 20″
- BF60AK1XRTD 25″ $13,073.00, BF60AK1LRTD 20″ $12,437.00 Alloy Prop and 25 L tote tank included.
(BF60AK1XRTL 25″ $13,510.00 rigging kit, propeller and fuel tank not included)
- Type 3-cylinder 4-stroke SOHC 4 valves
- Displacement 998 cc
- Bore & Stroke 73.0 x 79.5
- Full Throttle RPM Range 5000-6000rpm
- HP Rating @ Propshaft 60HP @ 5500RPM
- Valves per Cylinder Four
- Fuel Delivery Programmed fuel injection
- Ignition System Micro-computer programmed
- Starting System Electric
- Cooling System Water Cooled
- Alternator 17 amp
- Recommended Transom Height 20″
- Dry Weight 110kg
- Gear Ratio 2.07:1
- Gear Shift F-N-R
- Propeller Alloy (included with this model)
LEAN BURN CONTROL®
Adjusts the air/fuel mix according to speed and load to maximise efficiency. Inclusion of Lean Burn Control® offers significantly improved fuel consumption over direct injection two-stroke models as well as over competing four-stroke models. The mode in which Lean Burn Control is used is referred to as ECOmo (Economy Controlled Motor).
MULTI-FUNCTION TILLER HANDLE
The BF60’s multi-function tiller handle incorporates a power trim-tilt switch in the throttle grip, so the operator can trim the engine while underway and remain completely focused on the water. Other tiller handle functions including handle height adjustment, throttle friction adjustment, and tool-less steering grip friction adjustment.
The BF60 also has a reversible shift lever, which can be mounted on the left or right side. Available as a special order
- Power Thrust version is available – Product code: BFP60
- Powerful 17 amp multi-pole AC generator (22amp on Power Thrust model).
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- NMEA2000® compliant
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won’t find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.
Call us now to enquire about this product:07-577 6554