Updated with a brand new look and whole new engine block – now larger and with even better performance.
Powered by Formula 1 technology the Honda 225hp outboard features VTEC™ for quiet powerful and fuel efficient operation. VTEC™ offers smooth and quiet idling, so quiet that the cooling water tell tale stream hitting the water is louder than the engine!
It also features BLAST™ (Boosted low speed torque) for rapid acceleration, ECOmo Lean Burn Control® for exceptional fuel economy at cruise and NMEA which enables all engine and fuel data to be viewed on a GPS screen.
Honda Large Horsepower engines use up to half the fuel of comparable two strokes and they make only half the noise.
- Increased size and more powerful 3.6 litre V6
- Improved Torque performance from large displacement engine.
- ECOmo Lean Burn Control®
- NMEA 2000®
- Massive 90 amp alternator – 50% more than the previous model
- Lightest in class
- Quietest in class
- Most fuel efficient in class
- CARB 2006 and EPA 2008 ultra low emissions compliant
- OEDA 3 star ultra low emission rating
- Can be rigged with up to four engines
- Model BF225DXDD **BF225DXDDW BF225DXCDD BF225DXRD **BF225DXRDW BF225DXCRD
- **Grand Prix White – Subject to availability**
- Type 3.6 litre V6 4-stroke 24 valves
- Displacement 3583cc
- Bore & Stroke 89mm x 96mm
- Full Throttle RPM Range 5000 – 6300
- HP Rating @ Propshaft 225HP @ 5500 RPM
- Valves per Cylinder Four
- Fuel Delivery Multipoint programmed fuel injection.
- Ignition System Microcomputer programmed
- Starting System Electric
- Cooling System Water Cooled
- Alternator 90 amp – 50% larger than previous model.
- Recommended Transom Height 30”
- Dry Weight L Type – 281Kg, XL Type – 286kg, UL Type – 291kg
- Gear Ratio 1.87:1
- Gear Shift F-N-R
- Propellor Stainless Steel
- ***Please note Rigging, Gauges, Controls and Prop are not included and will be ordered separately to customers requirements.
New Enlarged V6 Engine
60° V6 3.6L. A powerful, compact, 24-valve SOHC design. Lacking the bulk and weight of long intake runners and multi-camshafts, the narrow V6 design ensures superior performance and durability based on Honda’s automotive engineering excellence.
- ‘On Demand’ 90amp, belt-driven alternator reduces heat build-up and provides superior battery charging capability – 48amp at trolling speed!
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. The new model has more sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all to further enhance corrosion protection and make your new Honda ‘bulletproof’.
Seven Year Warranty
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won’t find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.
These engines are twice as quiet as conventional two-stroke outboards. Honda’s Variable Air Intake system controls the volume and velocity of air in the combustion chamber, making cruising as smooth as it is enjoyable.
The use of linear rubber mounts, combined with innovative design features that see the flywheel positioned below the powerhead, ensures vibration levels are extremely low.
Boosted low Speed Torque (BLAST)
Hole shot and acceleration is significantly improved by MBT trace control (ignition timing). MBT – Minimum advance for Best Torque.
Advanced ignition timing develops more horsepower at low revs to get the hull up on the plane quicker. Super-strong acceleration with rapid advancement of the throttle.
This patented technology pioneers a new age in four-stroke outboard engines and will be the benchmark for future Honda engine designs.