As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won’t find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.
- 17amp battery charging capacity – at the top of its class for outboard engines with the same output.
- BF40 and BF50 can be used with a wide range of boat types due to their lightweight, compact design.
- A new one-touch plastic cap permits easy inspection of anode wear inside the engine, for significantly improved ease of maintenance.
- Noise levels have been reduced by 1.0dB over the previous model.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- NMEA2000 compliant.
The Honda BF50 outboard is an all new ground up creation that showcases the very latest direction in outboard motor design. It features BLAST™ (Boosted low speed torque) for rapid acceleration, ECOmo Lean Burn Control® for exceptional fuel economy at cruise and NMEA which enables all engine and fuel data to be viewed on a GPS screen. The Honda BF50 does away with the need for an auxiliary motor for trolling, offering quiet, smoke free idling and low speed operation. The future is here!
The BF50 outboard engine retains its class-leading lightweight, compact packaging, enhanced with PGM-FI electronic fuel injection, Honda’s original Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST™) air/fuel ratio and ignition-timing technology, and Lean Burn Control® to deliver powerful startup and acceleration together with outstanding fuel economy during cruising (ECOmo).
A reduction gear is employed to achieve compact engine layout by offsetting the in-line three-cylinder engine forward, while a long-branch plastic inlet manifold and miniaturized electronic components further contribute to the class-topping lightweight, compact design.
Build Your Engine - Optional Extras
Click categories below to reveal optional extras. Send us the quote request and we’ll be in touch!